Monday, June 11, 2007

Canberra Craziness...

Things I expected moving to Canberra:
  • the cold (this includes cold toilet seats)
  • traffic
  • increased living costs
Things I didn't expect:
  • in Darwin the birds fly in the air, in Canberra for some reason they all seem to want to sit on the ground and eat the dirt. Must be stray radiation from Parliament House...
  • the static electricity. In Darwin it's so humid all the time that you really have to work hard to get a charge up. In Canberra moving in the car seat is enough, so everytime I get out of the car I get zapped. It's new every time...
  • The drought, it really is pretty bad down here. I've never had to conceptualise water restrictions before, and it's still strange to me.
I think there were a few others that I've forgotten, but c'est la vie! 

No comments: